Daddy Pastry in the house!
I recently bought a basket of peaches from a local farmer’s market and per usual I realized my eyes were bigger than my stomach so I needed to get creative and find ways to eat up these peaches! So I decided to make some savory peach tarts.
These savory peach tarts are really easy to make and seem fancy when they really aren’t (which always makes for a crowd-pleaser when you make these for people). This recipe is so easy that your kids can help you with it (think: assembly line), or in my case, even my husband can make these!
One of the reasons these savory peach tarts are so easy is because I use store bought puff pastry. In my opinion, it is not worth the time to make it from scratch, but you are the boss, applesauce. You will want to take the sheet of puff pastry and cut it into eight rectangles. USing a fork you will create those famous indentions on the edges to “make it pretty” and then poke a few holes in the middle so it puffs up just the right amount. After you set up the puff pastry dough, then you layer on top of it prosciutto, brie, and sliced peaches and bake it–super simple!
While the savory peach tarts bake, you will want to make the honey topping. When the tarts come out of the oven, you will want to drizzle this honey all over them. Don’t worry, again this is simple! All you do is mix honey with fresh ground pepper and freshly chopped rosemary. Drizzle on top of the tarts once these come out of the oven and let them cool for a few minutes and you are ready to enjoy these!
- 1 large peach, thinly sliced
- 1 sheet of puff pastry (13.2 oz.), thawed
- 0.3 LBS of brie, cut in ¼-½” cubes
- 4 oz. of prosciutto (about 12 thin slices of prosciutto)
- ½ cup of honey
- 4 tsp of finely chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp of fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a pizza cutter or a knife, unroll the sheet of puff pastry and cute into either equal sized rectangles (approximately 3 x 5 inches)
- Using the tip of a fork, indent the edges of each rectangle and poke holes in the middle of the rectangle.
- Tear the prosciutto and place about a slice to a sale and a half (0.5 oz) of prosciutto on top of each rectangle of puff pastry.
- Top the prosciutto with 3-4 pieces of brie
- Top the brie with 3-4 slices of peach
- Put in the oven for 30 minutes at 350° Fahrenheit.
- While the savory peach tarts bake, mix together honey, rosemary and black pepper, set aside.
- Once tarts are removed from the oven, immediately top with 2 tsps of the honey mixture per tart (you will have some of the honey mixture left over).
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, and enjoy!
- This recipe makes 8 savory peach tarts.
- You will have left over honey mixture. I like putting extra honey on these tarts, especially if you reheat them. This honey is also good over salads or flatbreads. It will keep in the pantry for 4 weeks.
- These are great for appetizers, brunch, or for lunch or dinner with a side salad.
- These also pair great with a white wine or a rosé.
- This page contains affiliate links.