Snacks on deck, La Croix on ice, you can have whatever you like.
When I am on a Whole30, I have to have some emergency snacks on hand. These are snacks that are compliant, filling, and help me out if I am in meetings or running errands and hunger strikes. These roasted mixed nuts are one of those snacks I keep on hand. They require minimal ingredients, minimal supervision in the oven, and require some self control not to eat too many (beware of SWYPO and food with no brakes habits).
This recipe is simple. You season the nuts with olive oil and some seasoning and then bake on a low temperature for about 40 minutes, flipping about halfway through. There is not much more to having these roasted mixed nuts! Make sure you are using raw cashews and almonds. Since you are roasted and seasoning them, you don’t need to use ones that are already roasted or salted.
- 2 cups of raw cashews
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 230° Fahrenheit.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix nuts, oil, and seasoning together until nuts are fully coated.
- Pour onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet so that they are in one single layer.
- Put in the oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, toss the buts and put back in the oven at 230° for another 15-20 minutes.
- Let fully cool (20-30 minutes) before storing in an airtight container or serving.
- This makes 4 cups of mixed nuts (16 servings).
- Store in the pantry or at room temperature for up to four weeks.
- This page contains affiliate links.