Honey Mustard is second only to Ranch. (Don’t fight me on it).
Y’all. I was thirty years old before I knew how to make homemade honey mustard. It is kind of embarrassing given it only has three ingredients (and two of them are in the name). I debated about even making this a full blog post because this is so easy, but if I can save just one person from having that same embarrassing moment of not knowing how to make honey mustard, then this blog will have been worth it.
If you are eating Paleo, it is important that you are using a compliant mayonnaise (opps, already gave away all the ingredients before you even got to the real recipe). This is my favorite and Amazon is the cheapest price I have found, which is a win given I don’t love fighting the crowds at my grocery store. Honestly, it is mostly important just to make sure you are using a mayonnaise that does not have a lot of junk in it (like sugar and soybean oil). However, you can use any mayonnaise you have available.
This sauce is great on salads, any kind of chicken, fries or potato chips, and on sandwiches. Enjoy!
- ¼ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of classic yellow mustard
- 1 ½ tsp of honey
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well combined
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week
- I find classic yellow mustard works the best. I do not recommend replacing it with dijon or spicy mustard.
- Taste test before serving, as some may like their honey mustard sweeter (add more honey) or have a stronger mustard flavor (add more mustard).
- If Paleo, make sure you are using compliant mayonnaise and mustard (read the ingredient lists).
- This page contains affiliate links.