Because I’m saucy.
With all the summer picnics and cookouts we are likely having in our backyards with way less people and six feet of distance, I thought I would share my favorite sauce to put on my burgers. When I say this sauce made me be able to eat burgers WITHOUT cheese (yes, it is possible), I knew we had a keeper. This stuff saves me every time during Whole30, and now I am to a point where I make it year round, regardless of whether it’s a Whole30 month or not.
This sauce is super simple to make, with ingredients that are likely already in your pantry. I personally love a good “deconstructed burger” (a burger on a bed of mixed greens instead of bread, also known as a salad), but my husband will always opt for the bread. Either way, this sauce is good on any burger, served any kind of way So whip up a batch and pack it up for your next cookout or picnic.
- 1 cup of Whole30 compliant mayo. My favorite is here.
- 1 TBSP of classic yellow mustard
- ¾ TSP of paprika
- ½ TSP of onion powder
- ½ TSP of garlic powder
- ½ TBSP of red wine vinegar
- ½ TBSP of white wine vinegar
- ¾ TBSP of dill pickle relish (or finely chopped dill pickle)
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and serve
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to one week
- You can add a dash of Whole30 compliant sriracha or hot sauce to add an extra kick.
- Save on dishes to clean and make in a mason jar or a bowl with a lid and use the same mixing dish as the serving dish.
- If you are not doing a Whole30, feel free to use your favorite mayo as the base for this sauce.
- This page contains affiliate links.